Sunday, June 1, 2008

Mini Vacay

Surprise! I have relevant pictures today! ^_^

My friend, Sharon, came out thsi weekend and though she was primarily here for a wedding, I'd like to think that she came out just to see me. :) We had a good time and i was able to pretend that I was on a mini vacation (though I did get some grading done).

On Friday, we headed out to Victoria Gardens for some shopping. Now, for those of you who have never been shopping with Sharon, lucky you. (She takes a long time - let's just leave it at that) But the best part of the day was near the end of the day, when I sat down and enjoyed a mini concert in the Chaffey Town Square. Turns out there was a group of kids, a la School of Rock, playing a concert. It was entertaining at first, but then I got the heebie jeebies because the lead singer, a ten year old girl, was waaaaay too good at working the crowd. Why do kids insist on growing up so fast? One day they'll learn that childhood is the best time. :)



In any case, the weather was beautiful and I had a wonderful time enjoying the great outdoors.

And on Sunday, we went to the beach. It's been so long since I've been to Newport, that I forgot just how heinous the parking is. Needless to say, I was extremely irritated by the time we found parking but the beautiful scenery quickly dispelled those feelings and I was calm and happy once again. (On a sidenote: they made-over The Eating Room and it's NOT the same!)



I have actual pictures of the beach on my phone, but I'm currently too lazy to get it and put it on the computer so you'll just have to believe me when I say it was gorgeous.

Dinner was Beef Flemington at Flemings (their clever play on wellington) - I'm going to stick to my ribeye from now on. In any case, I'm tired now, and Sharon is gone, and I'm sad because best friends shouldn't live across the country from you. :(

No comments: