It's quite difficult to write blogs when you feel uninspired. Due to pressures from some of my readers, I felt obligated to blog more often...but as I was writing, I realized that when I don't feel like blogging, when I'm not feeling that inspiration, the blog is very blah. So, as much as I would love to blog every day, it's turning into more of a once a month project. But I feel a bit inspired today. :)
But this brings to light the idea of double standards. It's funny how society always paints the male as the gender who needs to put the seat down in order to make the female happy. And while I believe that there should be double standards for some things (^_^), this is not one of those times. If men have to leave the toilet seat down when they go over to a girl's apartment, then I believe that a girl should leave the toilet seat up when she goes to a man's apartment - it's only fair, right?
I don't believe that the life lesson to be learned here is that we should always leave the toilet seat up (or down) but rather that we should take the time and make the effort to do the little things that would make others happy. So men, if you come over to my place, I'd like for you to put the toilet seat down after you use it. Likewise, if I'm over at your place, I'll be sure to leave it the way you normally use it - up. It's a very small thing to do, but over time, the small things always add up, either negatively or positively. So let's take the time to consider others and what little things we can do to make them happy. It doesn't have to take a lot of energy or a lot of time - it merely requires you to think about more than just you.
At least, that's what I think. :)
***

3 comments:
you were inspired to write about leaving the toilet seat up? so gives you these inspirations, my dear cindy?
well...that was an inspiring blog. haha =) so what do you do when you are married and live together? does it mean that the toilet seat should always stay down or up? or half the time both? or for girls, put the toilet seat up after using it, assuming that the hubby will use the toilet next? anyways, some thought for the next blog on toilet seats. haha.
well...that was an inspiring blog. haha =) so what do you do when you are married and live together? does it mean that the toilet seat should always stay down or up? or half the time both? or for girls, put the toilet seat up after using it, assuming that the hubby will use the toilet next? anyways, some thought for the next blog on toilet seats. haha.
Post a Comment