Saturday, May 10, 2008

Cursed

I have been cursed. I have been cursed with the curse that keeps on giving. The curse that makes you wake up every morning, look at the clock, and silently scream "why?!??!?!?!?!?!" What curse is this, you ask? It is the curse of waking up early, even when you're tired, even when you have the day off. sigh It is the most accursed of curses...at least it seems so right now.

Let's back up and give some context for that dramatic beginning to my blog. I haven't been getting much sleep lately. Starting on Sunday of this week, I began this horrendous schedule of staying up late lesson planning/"grading"/being on the computer and then proceeding to wake up roughly 4-5 hours later to get ready for class. Even on my morning off, Wednesday, I woke up at 7:30 - God must have missed me. Then on Wednesday night, I had to stay up to look over some papers before student conferences...and slept a whopping 2.5 hours. Thursday night, 4 hours. I think 6.5 hours in two nights is not enough, especially in the midst of a week that was already lacking in sleep. Needless to say, I didn't feel very good. In fact, on Thursday, my stomach caught up to me and added to the symptoms and I lost my food. From the two days past, it felt like. My, what a wonderfully euphemistic way of saying it! I lost my food. And yes, I know that "from the two days past, it felt like" is not a proper and complete sentence but I don't care. haha
(**Note from the editor: the loss was in a projectile fashion, not an eruptive fashion. Hope you recognize the difference! ^_^)

And last night. I was supposed to crash, but of course, I was awake until almost 2:00 am. For an excellent reason, you can be sure, but I was up nonetheless. And I woke up this morning at 7. Let's repeat that. I woke up at 7. On a Saturday morning. I woke up at 7.

Accursed, I am accursed.

1 comment:

Isaac said...

I have found your blog!!