Thursday, May 22, 2008

The Incredible Hulk

Some of you may remember a time when I had incredible road rage. I think it began somewhere around my first year out here in Loma Linda. All of you have had moments where you wished death upon the traffic or the old asian guy who cut you off, so no judging me. Apparently, my road rage was pretty bad. However, I managed to curb it and I would like to think that I'm pretty even tempered now.

But yesterday, yesterday the Hulk in me rose to the surface again. Helen and I were driving to run some errands (and by errands I mean stop by DSW) and we had Rowen in the back. We were at a stop sign, and about to turn onto Barton, a street that has a speed limit of 55 - so caution was to be met when making that turn. The pickup behind us had the audacity to honk at us, because we didn't choose to peel out and take that turn as soon as there was the briefest of breaks in the traffic. And me, being the protective auntie that I am, what did I do? I turned around, threw my arms in the air, and mouthed "what the hell?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?" to the girl driver. And she looked at me with this ghetto look (she was Latina but we won't get racial here). I was extremely tempted to get out of my car and yell at her but instead, I just said "we have a baby in the car." She shut up. I no longer have road rage with myself, but when it comes to a baby or the safety of others, apparently I turn green and my clothes rip off. Symbolically speaking, that is.

Now to segway to the Incredible Hulk. Apparently the new Hulk is Ed Norton who doesn't have quite the same pecs that Eric Bana has, but is an amazing actor indeed.



And to answer a question posed to me earlier, I use segway in two ways. One, as a transition between two topics (I'm not sure if it's a proper usage, but I do it anyway) and two, as a toy that I wish I had. The following picture is of a Ferrari Segway - as if rich kids weren't spoiled enough. (Pricetag: roughly $10,500) Expensive, to be sure, but it can travel up to a whopping 25 miles an hour - that's fast coasting.

And as my final thought for this afternoon's blog, my WOTD (Want Of The Day): a pair of LAMB pumps (pricetag: roughly $315). I'm not sure if you can see, but the flower is trimmed with zipper. How cool is that?

I like pictures. Thanks for the demand, Fred! :)

4 comments:

Isaac said...

here's the rundown:

they are coming out with a new incredible hulk. a little weird since there was one not so long ago, but none-the-less, this one should actually not suck since edward norton is in it. (that's the short version)

secondly, a ferrari segway?! seriously?! like totz :) this baby is expensive! seriously?! wait, did i already say that?

what a beautiful pair of shoes!! this is a shoe that i am desiring. CC wants. but, the price tag is somewhat high

yours truly c2'd


with just looking at the pictures, the above is representative of what you most likely wrote

John said...

i didn't know you had a blog. i only frequent the ones i already know.

first post yay!

incredible hulk... hmm could be interesting as ed norton is a great actor

segway's are cool and very fun to ride nonetheless a ferrari segway..

shoes... no comment. in fact no thoughts at all.

Anonymous said...

no problemo...thanks for the explanation of segway. haha...i'm not sure if i've ever seen anybody use that word. that's how much i paid attention in english class. haha...wouldn't you just love me as a student?

Anonymous said...

okay, cc. i totally do not believe you when you say you have no more road rage for yourself. i still know you have it in you. you may have tamed the beast a little but seeing as i (on the other hand) would have probably just ignored the hispanic girl driver, i know that it is still in you. i have a feeling one day, if we lived in the same city, you would be throwing up your arms in the air at me for driving too slow.