Tuesday was Moving Day. I did not move anywhere far, just from an apartment into a house that is just 2 miles away. But oh, the troubles. To start with, the necessity arose to move the big stuff during the day instead of at night, like originally planned. This meant that we were moving stuff in 100 degree weather. My lovely cousin, Bryan, and Darcy and my dear friend, Blake, "volunteered" to help out. Needless to say, we owe them BIG TIME.
I took Blake to a gas station afterwards so I could buy him an energy drink and we stumbled upon one of the greatest creations ever - a walk in refrigerator. Now, granted it's all for the alcohol and we might not spend an abnormally large amount of time in there, but I think it's a fantastic place to just cool off after, say, four hours of moving heavy things on a hot summer day? Pictures will tell the story that words cannot:


These fans (there were ten total) were blowing out the COLDEST air! It was awesome. And cold.

In case you Loma Lindians are wondering where this is, it's at the new 76/Circle K at Citrus Plaza. Go, it's freaking nice. And I'm saying this about a gas station for crying out loud. There was a nice breeze, and Blake and I chatted outside at a table for awhile. Sitting next to the waterwall, we almost forgot we were at a gas station. Almost.
All in all, the "moving process" took me a total of four days - I opted to move things over slowly in suitcases and laundry hampers as opposed to big boxes. Every time I thought I was done, I had more. In fact, I bet I STILL have more over at the apartment. But I can't handle it right now so I'll get it later. :) So much for working on my procrastination this week!
But last night, I experienced one of the many perks I will have living here with Darcy and Julie. While I was upstais "unpacking" Julie was downstairs making dinner for people, me included. And it was yuuuuuummmmmmy! And after I came home at 1 in the morning (from watching Wanted with some friends in Riverside), she and Cheryl were baking cookies. And though I ran away (with great difficulty), Julie came upstairs and brought me three fresh cookies on a plate. I am actually about to eat one right now. Yes, first thing in the morning and OH, it's so good! Be jealous guys, be very jealous. I still have a lot of unpacking to do, but at least I now have a nutritious breakfast of three chocolate chip walnut (and I believe a pinch of toffee) cookies and water to start off my day. :) Things are looking good for July!

4 comments:
julie is an awesome baker. when we moved, she baked us a box of brownies for our drive back to the east coast. ummm, yeah...i ate them all. she also makes some ready good vegetarian stuff...since she is veggie and all. okay, now that i'm done reading this blog...next!
isn't it amazing how much junk we accumulate over time? i hate moving too. after the last time, my new motto became "keep it simple" and that's what i'm gonna try to do.
Cindy!! Just discovered your blog and now we shall stay cyber connected! When shall we set up a date for some actual physical connection?!? ehh... sounds dirty... I likey! Anyway, we've been in the I.E. too long and beginning to get excited about local gas stations... if you say you wanna meet up at Walmart, I'll cry. My how time has passed... you lived in an apt?!!? and now a house?!?! Physical connection must commence sooner than later!! Miss you!
hahah. hey cindy! you still babysitting on wed??? dude you make living in the IE very very interesting.....don't forget our bathroom like custard place: Theron's!
Post a Comment