Thursday, July 31, 2008

The Smartest (Oxy)Moron Around


"Oh my gosh!  I LOVE that drink!  What is it?"

Classic words by the ever so classic, Jane Im.  

There comes a time in every person's life when he realizes that sometimes, smart people can say not so smart things.  When a person can complain about the heat and ask for a sweater.  When a person can say he's so hungry that he can't eat; or the reverse, say he's so stuffed and continue to eat.  What is it that makes us all so oxymoronic?

But it is comforting to know that the most highly educated of us all can be equally (oxy)moronic.  You know you love me, Jane.  

In other news, I went to Starbucks with Jane and Mark - always a hoot and a howl to hang with those two.  Mark asked Jane who had, in the past, been employed by Starbucks for a couple of months, what the difference was between 'iced tea' and 'shaken iced tea.'  Jane proceeded to tell him that the iced tea was just regular iced tea, while the 'shaken iced tea' was shaken before served - duh.  A brief conversation about why it tasted better when shaken ensued, with the conclusion that it just did.

So Mark, assuming that the labor of shaking an iced tea would cost him and in an effort to save those few pennies, ordered "just the iced tea, not shaken" and asked if he could shake it afterwards himself.  Needless to say, the girl behind the register gave us the weirdest look and said "They're all shaken.  You can't get an iced tea not shaken."

I just about died laughing since I knew there was no difference between 'regular iced tea' and 'shaken iced tea' and just didn't tell them - it was just too funny to see unfold right before my eyes.  Not only that, but there wasn't even a regular iced tea on the menu!  So we had a really good laugh about it.  But I guess it'd be funnier if you had been there - oh man, you should've been there!!!

Here's a picture of Mark, 'shaking' his regular, unshaken iced tea:
   

And here's a picture of Jane, a prime example of my (Oxy)moron, sipping on her hot latte after saying she was "so hot" from all the laughing:


I love my life.

3 comments:

Sue Jean said...

Miss you guys! When were those sillies out here? Did I spell that correctly? "Sillies" -- if sillies was a word... were a word??

Anonymous said...

what's the opposite of war in?

Sue Jean said...

I like your idea of a Flamin date.