Friday, October 24, 2008

the Little Things

It's the little things in life that mean the most.  A cup of coffee with a friend, a deep conversation with a co-worker, a stranger holding the door open for you because your hands are full.  There are a myriad of wonderful things that happen all around us everyday, everywhere - we just have to look for them.  People come into our lives, sometimes for reasons beyond our comprehension.  We stumble upon stories that change our lives whether we want them to or not.  Some may call these little things small miracles, some may call them coincidences...I suppose that in the end, it all depends on your individual perspective.

I watched a film tonight titled, My Father.  It's a Korean film starring Daniel Henney (HOT!!!) and oh, was it moving.  Based on a true story, this movie helps define what it means to truly love someone and to truly consider a person family, despite the complications life throws at you.  You could hear the sniffles throughout the theater (you know I was contributing!).  Look for it, as I'm sure it'll eventually find its way into the mainstream video circuit.  I tell you, Koreans sure do know how to spin the tear-jerking moments. 



Earlier today, I thought of Paul Potts (for some odd reason).  For those of you who don't know who he is, he's one of Simon Cowell's discoveries from Britain's Got Talent (the same show where he discovered Leona Lewis).  Paul Potts was a mobile phone salesman who loved to sing opera.  And when he opened his mouth and the strains of Nessum Dorma came out, I was just as amazed as Simon.  It's funny how we place people in boxes based on their outward appearance.  If only we could figure out a way to look beyond the exterior to find the diamonds that are hiding, just begging to be found...



2 comments:

esther said...

i love paul potts. i've seen that clip so many times before and it still gets me how beautiful and honest his singing is. as for the movie, i'll have to watch it. i LOVE daniel...yes, we are on a 1st name basis.

lills said...

i totally agree with you about the small things in life, sometimes it's so easy to forget, but thank you for reminding us (= i loved that clip of paul potts